|Michael C. McGoodwin, M.D.
O gentlemen, the time of life is short!
To spend that shortness basely were too long.
(1 Henry IV)
Michael McGoodwin March 2000. HiRes
- Rice University, 1961 - 1965 (B.A., Physics)
- Medical School, Baylor College of Medicine, 1965 - 1969 (M.D.)
- Graduated with honors
- Elected to Alpha Omega Alpha honor medical society
- Internship, Straight Medicine, University of Colorado Medical Center, 1969 -
- United States Public Health Service, Indian Health Service, Anchorage, AK, 1970 -1972
- Residency, Diagnostic Radiology, University of Washington, 1972 - 1975
- Chief Resident, 1974 - 1975
- Residency, Nuclear Medicine, University of Washington, 1975 - 1976
- Diplomate, American Board of Radiology (Diagnostic Radiology), 1975
- Diplomate, American Board of Nuclear Medicine, 1976
- Medical licensure: Texas (1969 - 2004), Washington (1972 - present)
- Clinical practice of Diagnostic Radiology and Nuclear Medicine
- Bellingham, WA, 1976 - 1978
- St Luke's Hospital, 1976 - 1978
- St. Joseph's Hospital, 1976 - 1978
- Seattle, WA, 1978 - 1994
- Providence Medical Center Attending Staff, 1978 - 1994
- Director, Nuclear Medicine 1979 - 1994
- Director, Diagnostic Ultrasound 1979 - 1990
- Chairman, Department of Diagnostic Radiology 1986 - 1988
- West Seattle General Hospital Attending Staff, c. 1985 - 1990
- Evergreen Medical Center Attending Staff, c. 1990 - 1994
- Computer applications in medicine, 1980 - present
- Clinical Research in Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and related conditions
- University of Washington Chronic Fatigue Clinic, 1996 - 1999
- Webmaster for the American Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, 1996 -
1999, 2001 - 2004
Computer-Related Training and Experience
- Computer programming, database application design, web programming, and digital photography and graphics design
Professional Affiliations and Resources of Interest
The Department of Radiology of the University of
Colleagues and class of 1975 radiology residents honoring former UW Medical Center radiology chairman Dr. Melvin Figley
L-R: F. Christian "Chris" Killien, Curtis "Curt" Northrop, Rosalind "Ros" Troupin, G. Thomas "Tom" Ruebel,
Melvin M. "Mel" Figley (1920–2010), John Barton, Elizabeth "Beth" Carter,
Michael "Mike" McGoodwin, John D. Harley, C. Benjamin "Ben" Graham (d. 2011)
Photo by Dr. Eric Stern 6/19/2007
Another version of this scene may be seen here, or in HiRes.
- Michael is currently Clinical Assistant Professor on the Auxiliary Faculty in the Department of Radiology at the University of Washington.
The International Association for CFS/ME
- The International Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome / Myalgic Encephalopathy (IACFS/ME, formerly the American Association for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or AACFS) is a non-profit
international organization of research scientists, physicians, licensed medical healthcare
professionals, and other individuals and institutions desiring to "promote, stimulate and coordinate the exchange of ideas related to CFS, ME and fibromyalgia (FM) research, patient care and treatment."
Northwest Classics Society
- The Northwest Classics Society, currently experiencing a period of dormancy, is a not-for-profit organization is based in Seattle and was founded
by Alan Rawn Ph.D., who remains the president and principal teacher. It is a society of readers
and historians interested first and foremost
in the ancient Greeks and Romans and their continuing
influence--especially Homer, Plato, Virgil, Herodotus, etc. In recent years,
however, the NCS has expanded somewhat from its concentration on the
classical Greeks and Romans, and has explored the ancient and not so ancient
"Great Books" very broadly defined, including many historical periods, regions and
genres. Non-Greco-Roman works I have enjoyed reading with the NSCS
include parts of the Old Testament, the Koran, Gilgamesh, Beowulf, Milton's Paradise Lost, Lord Byron's Don Juan, and The 1001 or Arabian Nights.
For summaries of some of these classics, see my Great
Books Table of Contents.
- Miscellaneous writings of Michael McGoodwin
Email Address for Michael McGoodwin
- MCM at McGoodwin period NET (please convert this spam-averse address to standard format when using)